Tuesday, February 19, 2013

New Project

Today is supposed to be a stormy day.  Well, as of now (9:30 am) it's just a little gray outside.  As I write this, a 56 year old aluminum trailer is making its way to me.  I'm hoping it's not being pummeled by rain somewhere along the 5 freeway.  The weather man has even predicted hail (?!) for Southern California.  Really??  Hail??

This has been planned for a while, a day 8 years in the making.  My Airstream is coming home.  It's comforting, and I'm as eager as an expectant parent. 

Pregnancy remains elusive.  Life has been wonderful lately, it really has.  My husband is thriving in his sobriety, now more than 4 months in.  It's a new life for him.  Even my stepdaughter seems to be doing well in her life a few states away, taking classes to become a medical assistant. 

I'm ready to add to our family.  I saw a new doctor yesterday to help us in the process.  I left his office in tears that came unexpectedly.  I'm so good at carrying stress, buried deep within.  But it can make its way out at the most inopportune times.  It felt good to get out of that office into the fresh air.

So my Airstream is my new project.  I have an entire week off from work to get started.

I can't worry about life, I have to keep moving.  A child will come.  We may need to start the process to adopt, or we may need to begin saving for in vitro,  There are options.  In the meantime, I'm going to stay busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment